skip navigation
Matt Leinart Flag Football Network

COVID-19 Statement


We are continuing to monitor the situation, and looking out for the health and safety of our league members. Our hope is to be able to get our spring season in, however, each week seems to bring little clarity to the situation. At this point we don't see any restart happening until June 1st. If we continue with this uncertainty, and don't have any new guidance in the next few weeks, we will cancel the season and begin the refund process, with the refund policy that has been set by the league's board. 

Should you need to contact us, we are experiencing extreme delays right now with large volumes of emails, and most of our staff furloughed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Please continue to stay safe, and we hope to be back out on the field once we are on the other side of this crisis.

ML Flag Staff


Dear Spring Participants,

We wanted to give you the latest update we have. While our initial hope was to start our season in April, with concern over the safety of our league members, we are now pushing back any potential start date to May.

We will update everyone again in a few weeks, or should we get any new developments.  This is obviously a fluid situation, with new announcements and guidelines coming daily. Unfortunately, there is the chance that the season never gets off, and if we get to that point we will begin to issue refunds at that time.

Please note should you need to contact us we are extremely short-staffed right now, and you may experience a delay in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

ML Flag Staff

March 13th Update

Dear Spring Participants,

After careful consideration, extended talks with community leaders and medical personnel, as well as the state's suggested ban on gatherings of 250 people or more, we have made the difficult decision to suspend the flag football season due to the COVID-19 virus until April 3, pending further review. While many may find this disappointing with the season having just started, we have to put first the safety of our league members, staff, and overall community. We must all do our part to help stop the transmission of the virus in any way possible.

With this temporary suspension we want to make everyone aware that our initial plan is for the spring season to resume April 3rd (or potentially April 17th) with games running into early June. We are asking families to plan accordingly.

We will continue to monitor the situation and provide guidance as we learn more. 

ML Flag Staff